Helping in Children’s Home/office
David and his wife Maria have 15 children in their home. Help is needed in many areas including assisting with homework, help with conversational English, help using computers and developing arts and crafts. The older children would benefit from a mentor sharing life experiences and guiding them on future job opportunities.
When the children are at school there is an opportunity to get involved with community projects and visit areas of interest in Kathmandu. READ MORE >
Role of Volunteer
Depending on your interests and experience, you can get involved in any of the following areas:
1. Helping the children with their homework and monitoring their academic progress etc. 3-4 hours a day.
2. Engaging in conversational English and teaching simple phrases.
3. Teaching the children basic IT skills on a computer
4. Helping update social media, Facebook, blogging.
5. Accompanying the children to school and picking them up
6. Organizing games, arts and crafts and singing and dancing activities and any other creative educational extracurricular activities
7. Taking kids on educational tours around Kathmandu
8. Help in food cooking, distribution, kitchen and garden.
9. Volunteers are free to do what they want while the children are at school between 10am and 4pm. This can be visiting the local community, sight-seeing, help teaching etc.
10. Volunteers are encouraged to use their area of expertise to contribute to the life of the home and use any skills to assist in community development. All new ideas welcome.