Volunteers must be:
- At least 16 years or older at the start of the program
- Have an open mind and flexible attitude towards working in new and different environments
- Prepared to do some manual work in their placement
We provide Airport pickup /transportation
- Volunteers are picked up from the Nepal International Airport in Kathmandu
- Those volunteers who will already be in Kathmandu will be met by a staff member at a decided meeting point
All volunteers are provided with an orientation by our manager covering topics such as Safety and Security, Transportation, Basic Nepali Language guide, Nepali Local Culture and a guided city tour around-Kathmandu
Accommodation is provided at our own orphanage home which provides an authentic local Nepali family environment. The top floor of the home is designed for Volunteers, where you can have your own room and bathroom, which is usually shared with other volunteers though a private room can be provided by previous arrangement. Alternatively we arrange accommodation to stay with a host family which provides a wonderful opportunity to experience Nepali lifestyle and live with a warm and welcoming family. You can even learn to cook Nepali food.
Volunteers are provided with two meals a day and a mid-day snack sourced from local ingredients. Meals are served at the orphanage home and include rice, curry and vegetables (a traditional Nepali dish known as (Dhal,Bhat, Tarkali and Achar).
The project placements are located in different areas of Nepal. Mainly Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara and Gunsacott .
24 hours support is provided by our staff members. Once you arrive in the country you will be provided with the contact details of our local coordinator who you will be able to contact at anytime during your stay.
After we receive full and final payment, all participants are provided with a pre-departure information booklet by e-mail which will contain all the vital information about your program such as details of the country, project location, Visa requirements, Immunization requirements, details of accommodation, contact information and a suggestion of things to pack.
Program Fees & Expenses:
HFN strives to keep costs low while providing you with a professional service to fully prepare you for volunteering in Nepal. Compare our prices and services to other organizations.
Four weeks (a month)
For each additional month
Maximum stay on a visa is 150 days.
The program fee is used to provide both a professional and welcoming volunteer service program and helps fund work at the orphanage and the HFN sponsor program for underprivileged children in the-community.
Services included in program fee
- Pickup from the airport, transport to your placement.
- Food during placement with a host family / hostel- Nepali standard 2 to 3 meals a day.
- Provisions for the children at our orphanage.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information.
- 24 hrs Assistance and support from HFN Staff.
- NGO government tax.
- Free wireless internet at our office and Orphanage Home in Kathmandu
What is not included
Apart from the fees, other costs that are to be met by the volunteers are:
- Airfare / travel to Nepal
- Visa and Visa extension fee
- Airport taxes (arrival and departure tax)
- Local Transportation
- Transportation to other areas outside Kathmandu
- Any personal expenses
- Cost of English guide/translator when required
Any other Donation